Frontpoint Service Area & Coverage Map
A Brief History Of Frontpoint
Frontpoint hasn't been in the security industry for long, but it has already left a mark because of its innovation and high-quality customer service.
Frontpoint was founded only a decade ago, but it greatly helped revolutionize the security industry. Back when it was founded, most security systems use landline monitoring, a monitoring method easily defeated by professional burglars. Frontpoint was one of the first alarm companies to standardize cellular monitoring. It was also one of the first companies to combine professional monitoring with DIY installation.
Besides its innovative approach to home security, Frontpoint is best known for its high-quality customer service, which remains one of its best selling points to this day. Frontpoint may have helped revolutionize the security industry, but its commitment to its customers' satisfaction remains Frontpoint's top priority.
Frontpoint Services Overview
- All-Inclusive 24/7 Professional Monitoring: Frontpoint offers 24/7 professional monitoring for burglary, fire, and medical emergencies at no extra cost.
- Cellular Monitoring: All Frontpoint monitoring plans use cellular monitoring, which is considered by many, us included, as the most secure monitoring method.
- Wireless Equipment: Frontpoint's equipment is almost 100% wireless, with the exception of some products that require power or internet. This makes the installation process a lot easier.
- Smartphone Access: Frontpoint offers a smartphone app powered by Alarm.com. All users who sign up for the Interactive or Ultimate plan gain access to this smartphone app, which they can use to control their security system.
- Video Surveillance: Frontpoint offers four security cameras plus free cloud storage included in the Ultimate plan. Users can also opt to get a self-monitored camera plan with cloud storage included for as low as $14.99.
- Home Automation: The Frontpoint system, especially the smartphone app, allows users to control and automate their lights, locks, thermostats, and more.
- Automated System Checks: Frontpoint security systems perform a regular and automated system check to ensure that all your devices are working properly and are always connected to the monitoring center.
- High-Quality Customer Service: Frontpoint prides itself in its high-quality customer service. If you need anything, simply give them a call or send them an email.
Frontpoint Equipment Overview
The Frontpoint Hub
The heart and brain of every Frontpoint system is the Frontpoint Hub. It's a router-like device that connects your security system to the monitoring center. Unlike alarm panels, which is what most companies offer, the Frontpoint Hub can be hidden away somewhere inconspicuous to prevent intruders from breaking it. It also offers features like a 24-hour battery backup, 24/7 cellular signal for sending alerts, and broadband backup in case the cellular signal fails.
Frontpoint offers the following sensors:
- Door/Window Sensor
- Pet-Immune Motion Sensor
- Glass Break Sensor
- Garage Door Tilt Sensor
- Smoke/Heat Detector
- Flood Sensor
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
All these sensors are wireless; simply place them where they need to be placed and connect them to the Frontpoint system wirelessly. Most of them also use peel-and-stick adhesive, so no drilling is required.
For more information on Frontpoint's equipment, including pricing and features, check out our Frontpoint in-depth review.
Frontpoint offers four types of security cameras: an regular indoor camera, a wide-angle indoor camera with Bluetooth speaker features, an outdoor camera, and a doorbell camera.
With the right monitoring plan, these cameras can stream to your phone and record in the cloud. However, they require a strong Wi-Fi signal in order to work.
Frontpoint's primary offer is professional monitoring. Once your system is installed, it's linked to a monitoring center, where trained professionals will keep an eye on your system for alarms. If an alarm is detected, your system will send a signal to the monitoring station. In turn, the monitoring station will check on you via phone call. If help is needed, they'll dispatch authorities to your registered address. For more information on Frontpoint's monitoring features, including monitoring costs, check out our review of Frontpoint's deals and pricing.
Frontpoint supports home automation features. It lets you automate your lights, locks, thermostat, garage door, and more. However, Frontpoint doesn't sell a lot of home automation equipment. Instead, it recommends a list of compatible home automation equipment from each department and let you buy the products on your own.
Frontpoint Awards & Recognition
Due to Frontpoint's excellent customer service and product lineup, it has received several awards and recognitions from respected authorities in the alarm industry.
- A+ BBB Rating
- Angie's List Super Service Award
- UL Listed Monitoring Service Parntner (Rapid Response Monitoring Services)
- CSAA Five Diamond Rating (Rapid Response Monitoring Services)