Link Interactive Service Area & Coverage Map
Who Is Link Interactive?
Link Interactive is a national alarm provider that offers best-in-class security systems, low-cost monitoring, home automation devices, and video monitoring solutions. They work with some of the top security system manufacturers, including Alarm.com, Qolsys, and 2GIG in order to offer their customers the best there is in the security market. All equipment offered by them uses cellular technology for communication, which is widely considered as the most secure and reliable technology compared to landline and internet.
Link Interactive offers flexibility to their customers. Link gives them the power to custom build their security system, choose from three monitoring plans, and add as many add-on equipment as they want. Link is also known to provide high-quality customer service that benefit their customers.
With Link Interactive, you get the best of everything: monitoring, equipment, and customer service.
Link Interactive Service Overview
- 24/7 Security & Life Safety Monitoring: Link offers professional monitoring that includes monitoring for intrusion, fire, and carbon monoxide.
- Cellular Monitoring: Link Interactive uses cellular monitoring, which is a monitoring method that is more reliable than landline and broadband monitoring.
- Wireless Equipment: Most of Link Interactive's equipment are wireless, making the DIY installation process a lot easier.
- Smartphone Access: Link Interactive offers a smartphone app powered by Alarm.com to all its users, even those subscribed to the entry-level monitoring plan.
- Video Surveillance: Link Interactive offers a number of security cameras plus a video recorder, which you can use to watch over your home remotely.
- Home Automation: Link Interactive gives users the power to control and automate their lights, locks, thermostats, and more.
- Alarm Takeover: Link Interactive also lets users use their existing security system with Link Interactive's monitoring service if the system is compatible.
Link Interactive is One of our Top Picks for 2023
Flexible Contract Terms · Crash & Smash Protection · All-Inclusive Monitoring
Link Interactive Equipment Overview
The Control Panels
Every Link Interactive system is built around a control panel. Link Interactive offers two control panels: the older 2GIG Go!Control, which is included in the system for free and the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 which needs to be purchased for $200.
The purpose of both control panels is to connect with and control your devices. As an older panel, Go!Control offers fewer features than IQ Panel 2. However, it does include an 8-hour battery backup, two-way talk, and cellular chip for communication. IQ Panel 2 offers superior features, such as a 24-hour battery backup, Disarm Photos, and a larger touchscreen interface.
Sensors, Cameras & More
Link Interactive offers a wide variety of devices that fall under the following types:
- Door/Window Sensor- $22 to $34
- Motion Sensor- $50
- Image Sensor- $97 to $122
- Glass Break Sensor- $69
- Tilt Sensor- $40
- Smoke Detector- $66
- Carbon Monoxide Detector- $80
- Disaster Sensor- $67
- Indoor Camera- $129 to $285
- Outdoor Camera- $199
- Doorbell Camera- $175
- Smart Light Bulb- $18
- Smart Thermostat- $85 to $118
- Smart Lock- $135 to $204
One thing to note about Link Interactive's equipment is that they require DIY installation. Link Interactive will ship the system to you pre-configured so that all you have to do is install. Because most of the devices are wireless, installation is easy. If you ever need help installing your system, you can contact Link Interactive's customer support.
Awards & Recognition
- A+ BBB Rating
- Angie's List Super Service Award
- UL Listed Monitoring Service Partner (AvantGuard)
- CSAA Five Diamond Rating (AvantGuard)
Link Interactive FAQ
What geographic locations does Link Interactive serve?
Link Interactive offer their services across all 50 states.
How long are the contracts?
Link Interactive offers their customers the option to choose a 1-year, 2-year, or 3-year monitoring contract.
Does Link Interactive require professional installation?
No; Link Interactive offers easy-to-install security systems that can be installed by customers themselves.
I'm having trouble installing my system. What should I do?
You can always call Link Interactive's customer service, get help on their website, or watch installation videos posted on YouTube.
Can I return my equipment and cancel my service if I don't like it?
Absolutely, as long as you're with the system for less than 30 days. After the 30-day return period, you can no longer cancel your service without buying out your contract.
What if I move?
You can take the system with you and resume your monitoring contract in your new address. Simply give Link a heads-up so they can update your monitoring location.
What's the cost of Link Interactive equipment?
That will depend on what's included in your system and the monitoring plan you'll choose for it. To learn more about Link Interactive's equipment and monitoring pricing, check out our Link Interactive's plans and packages here.
Where can I learn more about Link Interactive's products and services?
Check out our in-depth review of Link Interactive's home security system.