Nationwide Service Coverage
A Brief History Of Vector Security
The company that is now known as Vector Security has over 40 years of experience in the security industry. It all started in the 1970s, when WESTEC acquired a local WESTEC products dealer operating in Philadelphia and Pennsylvania. WESTEC relaunched the dealer's company and named it PC Security which was then renamed into Vector Security. Vector Security then began operating in Pennsylvania and parts of Ohio and West Virginia.
In the 1980s, Vector Security was acquired by and became a sister company of The Philadelphia Contributionship (TPC), the oldest insurance company founded in part by Benjamin Franklin. The acquisition marked the start of Vector Security's evolution into the company that it is today.
Vector Security accomplished several milestones over the course of four decades. In the early 1990s, they starter offering to multi-site customers and even crossed the Canadian border in 1996. In recent years, it acquired a couple of local retail groups which strengthened the company's presence in some regional areas. It also started offering its products through a network of dealership and retailers. Because of its continuous growth, Vector Security was also able to form partnerships with well-known security product manufacturers, including Alarm.com, 2Gig, and Qolsys.
Vector Security Services
- Security System Sales & Installation: Vector Security offers and installs residential and commercial security solutions.
- 24/7 Professional Monitoring: Vector Security offers professional monitoring against burglary, fire, and carbon monoxide. It manages three monitoring centers in different locations across the U.S.
- Home Automation Solutions: Vector Security offers basic and advanced home automation solutions. Their products can automate your doors and garage doors, heating and cooling system, and appliances.
- Video Surveillance: Vector Security offers video monitoring solutions in the form of indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras.
- Security System Maintenance & Inspection: Vector Security offers free security system inspection and maintenance services to paying customers.
- Personal Emergency Response System: Vector Security offers personal emergency response systems (PERS) that are monitored professionally and always ready to dispatch help for medical emergencies.
Vector Security's primary focus is providing security to residential and commercial establishments. However, it also offers extra services that extends to home automation, video surveillance, and medical emergency response. Home automation and surveillance services are bundled with home security features in Vector Security's Home Automation and Connected Home plans. Medical emergency response services, on the other hand, are offered separately. If you're looking into getting medical emergency response services as well, I recommend discussing your options with a Vector Security representative.
Vector Security System Features
If you're interested in getting a Vector Security system for your home, below is a list of features you could expect from it. Take note that some features are only available if you to a certain monitoring plan tier. Some features also require additional equipment that you must purchase first.
24/7 Professional Monitoring
- Monitoring Centers Managed By Vector Security
- Uninterrupted Power Supply
- Monitoring Center Redundancy
- Cellular Backup
All Vector Security customers are required to sign up their security systems for professional monitoring. With 24/7 monitoring, a Vector Security's own monitoring centers will keep a close eye on your security system. In case of an alarm, they will call you or even dispatch help to your address if the situation warrants.
Vector Security has taken measures to ensure an all-year-round operation. For one, the company has three monitoring centers. If one fails to operate, the other two can take over. Each monitoring center is also equipped with uninterrupted power supplies (UPS) and cellular backup as contingency to power and landline interruptions.
Touchscreen Control Panel
- 24-Hour Battery Backup
- Cellular Monitoring
- In-Panel Two-Way Talk
- Disarm Photos
- Built-In Siren
- Built-In Glass Break Sensor
One of the most important components of Vector Security's systems is the control panel. The control panel alone offers several indispensable features. First, it has battery backup and it uses cellular monitoring, making it impermeable to temporary blackouts and landline interruptions. It also features a two-way talk feature, allowing the monitoring center to contact customers directly via the panel. A built-in siren, glass break sensor, and camera are also included for added security. The panel uses its camera to snap photos whenever someone disarms the system. Disarm Photos are kept as event log.
Sensors & Devices
- Security Sensors
- Environment Sensors
- Home Automation Devices
- Security Cameras
Vector Security offers a full-suite of sensors and devices. A number of security sensors is included as part of the basic equipment package. Environment sensors (smoke detector, flood sensor, etc.) can be purchased separately. Home automation devices and security cameras are included in high-level plans such.
Smartphone Access & Notifications
- Remote App Access
- Email, Text & Push Notifications
Vector Security plans (except for Basic Security) include app access. It enables you to arm. disarm, and monitor your security system anywhere. If you have home automation devices, you can also use the app to control your appliances, door lock, or thermostat.