Decatur Home Security and Alarm Companies: 2019
Monical’s, Cubs/Cards, Millikin, Krekel’s, and parks. There’s a lot to love in Decatur. And here’s a bit of trivia for you…If you think the Chicago Bears are a Chicago thing, you would be wrong. Decatur is where it all started, though the Bears were once known as the Decatur Staleys.
If you live in or plan to move to Decatur, finding a safe spot should be a priority. Below we will review our top three picks for home alarms available in Decatur.
Home Alarm Companies in Decatur
If you prefer to go with a nationwide provider, we recommend Frontpoint or Link. We have an entire article dedicated to Frontpoint pricing if you want to dig in deep before committing to a call.
Link Interactive is One of our Top Picks for 2019
Flexible Contract Terms · Crash & Smash Protection · All-Inclusive Monitoring
We selected Link Interactive because of their simplified pricing structure. They have two packages, and the only difference is that the higher priced package includes video surveillance.
- A+ BBB Rating
- Angie’s List Super Service Award Winner
- Home Automation
Local Home Alarm Company in Decatur
Our recommended local alarm company in Decatur is F.E. Moran Security. The company serves multiple states, but their headquarter is in Champaign, and they have regional offices in Schaumburg and Effington.
F.E. Moran sells and monitors home alarm systems that cover intrusion protection, fire protection, water and temperature monitoring, and video surveillance.
Rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau
Will I be a victim in Decatur?
Illinois is home to some of the safest cities in the US. Decatur may not be one of them, but it’s still a fairly safe area.
- Decatur is safer than 12 percent of US cities.
- The national median for property crime rate is 24.9 per 1,000 residents. Decatur’s property crime rate is a little higher, 33.64.
- Illinois’ crime rate per 1,000 residents is lower than that of the national median, which means that Illinois is a safe state.
- There’s a 1 in 30 chance that you will be a victim of property crimes in Decatur, while there’s a 1 in 50 chance of the same in looking at Illinois as a whole.
- There are 61 crimes per square mile in Decatur. This is higher than the national median which is 32. Illinois is 33 per square mile.
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in Decatur
There are neighborhoods in Decatur that have higher crime rates compared to the city’s average.
- W Main St. / N Monroe St.
- W Grand Ave. / N Monroe St.
- E Wood St. / S 22nd St
- N Main St. / W Pershing Rd
- N Oakland Ave / W Mckinley Ave
Safest Neighborhoods in Decatur
The North and South end of the city seem to be the safest from a crime statistic perspective.
- S Airport Rd. / E Cantrell St.
- Route 36 / S Baltimore Ave.
- W Pershing Rd. / N Wyckles Rd.
- N Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. / E Ash Ave.